Monday, March 8, 2010

Back On the Planet



Happiness might be 700 square feet of great floor.

I am thrilled with the soft luster of this bamboo flooring. It is tough, eco-friendly and oh so beautiful.




It is amazing to see how order rises out of chaos.









Bits of my world are coming back into order, and surprisingly, I have been able to let go of many things.




I have had to size down by two rooms. If it isn't functional or beautiful, - out it goes.

Some serious spiritual house-cleaning has been going on.

I know what a strange creature I am by what I am attached to.

An example:
Two years ago my daughter was packing for her move to Texas. She gave me her sushi style platter that was shaped like a leaf. It was really beautiful but had a chipped edge. I never used it because it was obviously damaged. I just set it up on a shelf on its edge so that the chip didn't show and looked at it from time to time.

As I was packing to move, I had this dish in my hands, preparing to throw it out. I just couldn't do it. I said to myself, "She gave me this. I just can't let go of it".

I put it right back on the shelf. Then I watched it slide down and crack in half.

I threw it out!



This is a sneak-peek of my new office with the glorious floor finished.

Like most upheaval, this has been a walk of faith. I couldn't have done it without the help of my friends.





Now that I am back on the planet, I hopefully will be able to attend to other aspects of life. I am planning to visit my daughter for a week. I still have some final details and some wall painting to finish when I get home. But over-all, I'm done with renovations.

I am mostly settled after the exodus. As much as I feel grateful for the opportunity to co-create my own home and office, I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment