Friday, January 8, 2010

What the Heck Is She Thinking!


Hold on to your sanity! She's renovating again!

About a year and a half ago, a friend was viewing my progress while I was painting my present apartment/office. She turned to her husband and said, "Lets buy a property in town and rent it to Nelda".


Well, due to many earth-shaking changes in their world, they did buy a rental property, and after a lot of soul searching, I have decided to...dare I say it....MOVE!

Its rather like having 2 pregnancies in one year. I'm really happy about it, but I know that a huge labour looms before me and my memory is too good. Thank goodness for the help of friends.

This building is just up a block from my present location. The building is Circa 1907, has tall ceilings and full bay windows on both levels. It's a WOW!


There are many pluses. No disruption overhead. One of my best chums is also my downstairs neighbour (who provides wonderful laugh filled tea breaks regularly while construction is in progress).

Her family-owned business was a lighting store, and she is well experienced in the art of cobbling together amazing creations out of Re-Store pieces. Our total budget for the entrance lighting is about $5.00.

Thrown (willingly?) into the deal is her partner who is an absolute wizard of all things pertaining to building, plumbing/heating/carpentry/electrical/drywall. So far he cheerfully and kindly responds to my call. He is teaching me how to skim plaster. The man is a saint!

I have every assurance that in this new location my business will be respected and supported in the way it deserves. This is going to be beautiful (trust me).

What a blessing! It will be wonderful to be back in the arms of loving kindness again. I am so looking forward to feeling settled. It will feel like my own. I'm thrilled.

Maybe the clincher is the TUB. It has that cute little rectangular rod above for attaching a shower curtain. 'She sighs'.



I love to design, paint and decorate. I have had 3 official interior design jobs in the past, 1 residential and 2 businesses.

This is your first view of my future home/business location.


I have given up trying to look like a girl. Drywall compound plays havoc with your hair, especially when afore mentioned hair defaults to frizz anyway.


This hole was just covered with a layer of wallpaper. When I scraped off the paper, about three cups of soot landing on my face and in my mouth. Yuk!

I do love working with paint effects on old plaster. I am so excited about the entryway.









I do apologize for not keeping up with my posts. Be assured that I am not keeping up with anything else either. But, stay tuned and you will be able to see the step by step progress as my team and I transform a 'sow's ear' into a 'silk purse' .

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Nelda! I always look forward to seeing your new space creations.

    ReplyDelete